Saturday, August 9, 2014

Reason for Creation

I guess I should open with an explanation as to why I have decided to create this blog.  In the interest of being completely honest, I urge all of you that may be easily offended to continue reading and then be extremely upset.  Do not worry, I will do my best to make all of you laugh and cry in later posts.

On August 1, 2014 I became rather ill and could not really hold myself up after having a ringing in my ear for several days.  I got violently sick due to being severely dizzy.  Upon finally reaching the hospital I had to be lifted out of the vehicle because I could not support myself.  The doctor in the Emergency Room ordered several drugs for the dizziness and vomiting.  The one that finally kicked the symptoms was Valium.

Once the symptoms subsided I got the distinct privilege of getting to take part in an MRI.  This was one of the worst 30 minute periods of my life.  The machine is loud and will make anybody claustrophobic.  Afterward the doctor had the test results read rather quickly and gave me what has so far proven to be life changing news.  He told me that the test showed a mass that is fairly deep in my brain, in the thalamus region.

I was a little shocked but kept my cool well enough to make a very inappropriate joke to a few people via text messages.  I am truly sorry to those who received this.  It was a little insensitive.  I proceeded to spend the next 30 hours in 2 different hospitals, with an ambulance ride between them, being poked, prodded, injected, scanned, and even electrocuted at one point.  I was eventually allowed to leave with the instructions to follow up with an army of doctors for more tests and examinations.  Since I then I have had headaches nearly daily and have been prescribed medication for them.

They have concluded that my condition is one to be monitored to tell if it is necessary to take further action.  I may have had the mass for years or even my whole life or it may be something new.  I am looking forward to future MRI's and blood tests.

The fact that there are several people who wanted to know this story and any new developments has become exhausting to tell individually has led to the creation of this blog.  I am warmed by the fact that the number of people who care and are concerned for me is too great for me to individually address.

Now obviously that would make this blog kinda dreary and I wouldn't even wanna read that myself.  That says a lot because if there is anything I enjoy most its talking about me.  So to cut through that you can also expect opinion editorial pieces from none other than me.  I also hope that you will post lots of comments to keep the conversation going.

No comments:

Post a Comment