Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Shelly returns to the death tubes they call MRI's

I went to my first follow up appointment with my neurologist. I was thoroughly agitated because they threatened to charge me $50 if I was not 30 minutes early for my appointment. They were then 10 late to starting the appointment.  He gave me a physical exam and then interviewed me.

The physical exam was good.  I tested well in that area.  But when I asked him about the fact that they had turned me away for help with my headaches he was shocked.  I came to realize he was not consulted and I was lied to.  So I explained limping along to make it through life.  He became very concerned.  He decided to readmit me to the hospital and get an mri.  There was no way I was going into that tube without drugs though.  He understood and had no problem providing them.

I sit in my hospital bed and decide to order some pizza and pasta for lunch before they try to tell me that I cannot eat or drink.  They flexed their communist muscle and told me that they would not give me pasta and pizza.  I ceded to them because I was really hungry and got pizza with a side of breadsticks.  It came with a single breadstick.  I was looking to get around a 1000 calories outta the meal.  Somehow that conflicted with Biggest Loser St. Vincent edition as they capped me at 600.  I am listed at a regular diet.  That is not regular.

Hours passed and I finally got tired of waiting for the mri to ask for pain meds.  They gave me two percocet and a second pain medicine that has to do with nerves.   Immediately upon taking that they call to say they are ready for my mri.  Only 4 hours late.  I am then given a large dose of a sedative intravenously.  The large delay was so I could use a bigger mri machine so I wasn't so crowded.

The actual test went very well.  I actually fell asleep inside the tube of death.  I am currently writing this fresth out of said tube and a little disoriented.  I hope that this mri shows why I am having headaches because if not then I will be getting a spinal tap tomorrow. That sounds truly awful.  Especially since it requires a long perriod of laying flat afterward.  This post is becoming exponentially harder to write so I will leave it and go on to laying down.

No comments:

Post a Comment